Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Op Security

Ok, I just returned from a breifing about our boys' return. I was horribly misinformed about security. We are not allowed to give ANY information, even general information, about their return over phone or email. We can create a code system, but the actually month, day, or time CANNOT be posted or spoken over any traceable source. If rear detachment finds out that info has been leaked they will stop the redeployment and the boys will have to stay indefinitely. Which, of course, would make everyone a bit upset. So I will use a code system based on our anniversary (the date of that month), and if you figure it out, PLEASE don't tell anyone over the phone or email. I don't mind if you tell people in person. But leaks can be traced back to me and they can refuse to give me any information about Dan's return.

All we are being told at this point is that they will be coming home sometime during the month that is 3 months before we got married. I believe Dan will be arriving approximately 15-20 days before the day of the month we got married. I hope this makes sense! :)

I know that all of this sounds really retarded. But as this deployment comes to a close I am really having to remind myself of the seriousness of this situation. Our guys have been in a dangerous place and I actually have to remind myself of that. Being married to a soldier who is deployed has kind of made war just everyday stuff - missions, losing soldiers, etc. I am really trying to remember that this is very serious and moving a large number of men makes them a target. So please don't read this and think I'm just making this up. I don't want to be the leak that get someone killed.

No comments: