Saturday, September 19, 2009

Missing My Love

Well, it's almost 2am and I just got off the phone with Dan. It was so awesome to hear from him. I hadn't talked to him in about a week and I was really starting to miss that voice. I cannot begin to describe how blessed I am to have him in my life, even if he's not in the same country. When I am completely spent and discouraged he knows how to lift me up. He encourages me and challenges me all at the same time, and often without ever realizing he's done it. He is an incredible leader of our family even from thousands of miles away.

So what's he up to? He just got to FOB Spyker in Iraq. This won't be his permanent spot in Iraq, just another pit stop. :) This deployment is so different from the first, praise the Lord! He's had it pretty easy so far. He's been watching movies, reading books, and sleeping in. He NEVER got to sleep in the last deployment. I would never last there! :) And when I talked to him, he had just finished watching the UFC fight.

So what have we been up to here? Nothing super special. Izzie had a doctors appointment on Monday and she seems to be doing great!

She's currently 24 1/2 " long and weighs 14lb 15oz. She's been talking more and more everyday and loves her feet. Most mornings when I get her out of bed her socks are wet because she's been chewing on them. And she loves to put anything and everything in her mouth. She's getting really close to sitting up, but still needs some steadying.

A couple of days ago Adelle spent the night with us. They had lots of fun girl time. Here they are watching a princess movie together. Can you tell that she didn't get a good morning nap! :)

Izzie loves her jumper. Notice only one foot touches the ground though! :) She might be short like her Mommy and Daddy.

The other day I was at Mom and Dad's and for her to sit up so we got out a laundry basket. She had more fun in there playing with toys! We have a super cool Bumbo and she's happier in a laundry basket. (And she's wearing an old shirt of Andrew's because she pooped on her clothes!)

Silly faces!


Does she not look exactly like her Daddy!?

1 comment:

donna said...

Sweet, sweet baby girl!!!