Thursday, March 27, 2008

Updates on Dan's return

Well, the past 2 weeks have been quite interesting. I found out the tentative date for Dan's next deployment - July '09. Now this is based on a lot of uncertain things, but its very likely. 4th brigade is Dan's current unit and they are planning to retain about 70% of their NCO's (which is Dan). The longterm plan is that they deploy again sometime around July of '09. There are a lot of things that can change between now and then and I'm trying to remind myself of that.



I'm not really shocked at all, I just didn't expect to have a date in my head. But it wasn't a mistake. For some reason God wanted me to hear that, probably to help teach me... once again, that I cannot control or worry about the future.



As far as Dan's return, things seem to be going ahead like I thought. I still haven't received the 2 week notice, but I've heard several things that indicate that my rough timeline is probably pretty accurate. Which means I'll see him really soon!! :)



Please keep all of these men in your prayers as well as their families- their safe return and the transition back to life here. The abuse and divorce rate after deployments is really high, so there will be many families struggling. I cannot tell you how much we have been blessed by your prayers this year. There was rarely a time that I saw someone or opened my email that I wasn't reminded that people are praying for us. God has used you all in a big way this year!

No comments: