Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another Day in the Army

Going along with the theme of not knowing what to expect, this week held a pleasant surprise for Dan. There is a hunting company (I don't know if that's what you call it) in west Kansas that donated a 3 day guided pheasant hunt for several soldiers. Dan looked up the company and the trip costs $1500 per person. Dan and about 6 other guys from his unit got the whole trip for free. They didn't even have to bring a weapon or ammo if they didn't want to. Dan was so excited!

So he left early on Tuesday and will be gone until sometime tomorrow. It's lonely here without him. And unfortunately, this is what I've been up to. My couch is under their somewhere.
I've been cleaning out closets all week so I've put off folding the laundry. I haven't even finished washing all of it yet! How depressing is that? O well, I know I'm not the only one this happens to.

I also have to wrap Christmas presents and take all of our Goodwill stuff to the car. O the "fun" never ends! :)

No comments: